Colorado Convention Center Expansion, DENVER, CO
Mechanical HVAC, Plumbing & Piping Systems Installations
TRAUTMAN & SHREVE VALUE DELIVERED
- High quality of mechanical construction management and service delivered through comprehensive programs and project efficiencies
- Unique construction scheduling capabilities
HVAC, PLUMBING & PIPING SCOPE OF WORK
A variety of activities are involved in this mechanical construction service project:
- Installation of conventional waste and vent plumbing systems that include over 650 plumbing fixtures, various concession areas, and a large main kitchen area.
- Combination waste and sanitary vent systems serving over 300 exhibit area drains.
- Storm drainage systems serving some 80 roof and overflow drains.
- Continuation of the existing domestic water systems as well as the addition of an entirely new system serving the North side of the building.
- A compressed air piping system that includes 20 air handling units distributed through a vast network of HVAC ductwork; over five miles of commercial heating, cooling and natural gas distribution piping; as well as two independent snowmelt systems.
CONVENTION FACILITY BACKGROUND
While managed by a private management firm, the Colorado Convention Center is owned by the City and County of Denver. The management firm collects all revenues generated from activity at the Center and directly pays for all operating expenses. To close the gap between operating expenses and revenue, the City provides funds through a transfer to theatres and arenas.
In 1999, voters passed a proposed expansion to the existing Convention Center.
MECHANICAL CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Identified and handled unforeseen mechanical construction, retrofit and installation problems effectively.